Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November: Thankful or Tortured?

People always do those month challenges... Picture a day, recipe of the day, quote of the day, and the list goes on....

So of course November is the prime time for a month of Thankfulness. I never participate in these sort of chain-sharing type activities. Mostly because I have a hard time remembering to feed myself, so forget posting once a day for an entire month, that and I'm lazy. But probably the biggest reason I refuse to partake is I don't want to read other people's posts so why torture those who also don't participate. Thank you for that, by the way.

Well, people, I'm breaking my own 'over-sharing rule' to bring you Rachel's Month of Thankfulness. Be excited.

Let me start by explaining my semi-logical reasoning behind my new found sense of *glup* sharing. First, I think some people are thankful for some ridiculous things, like their iPhone, and tv. And I'm especially concerned because it's Day 1. Really? Is that what you have to be most thankful for? Your phone tops your list?! Secondly, I have justified posting each day because, face it, it's my blog, you have the choice to read it. Next, I have far too much to say to fit it into one of those little status boxes. I do, however, appreciate the limit of space you are allowed to post at one time. (Not my Day 1 nugget though). There are other reasons too, less interesting and important so let's just get to it.

And I just want to note, that just because I'm going to get all thankful and stuff, doesn't mean I have to be nice. Ok. Here it goes...

*Day 1 of being Thankful*
I am most thankful that God loves me and called me to Him. I am thankful that Jesus loves me so much He chose to die on the cross for me. I am grateful that the Creator of the Universe is with me, always! What a Mighty God!! And how fortunate are we that He loves and desires us to be with Him in Glory!?!







2 comments:

  1. "And I just want to note, that just because I'm going to get all thankful and stuff, doesn't mean I have to be nice."

    I just love you, Rachel.

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Rachel.......you are so funny!

    ReplyDelete