Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 23

It's 12:33 November 24th. Making Day 23 a fail. I started a huge blog today, telling Day 19's story, well at least that was my intention... as I never made it past the opening sentence. Again, fail. Today altogether was a failure. I failed to make it to Bluffton for Heyerley's doughnuts, best ever. I failed to go to Walmart and get face soap, which is epic since this baby is giving me bad skin. I failed to remember bread the first time at the store. I failed to listen and communicate with my husband and picked a massive fight. And as we were fighting I was trying to think what can I possibly be thankful for today? And just now, while, er, typing this I had a revelation!

Day 23
Today I am thankful I'm not perfect! What a high standard! I am thankful for second, third, fourth, ok, one hundredth chances. I am thankful for tomorrow (the hypothetical). I am thankful that His mercies are new each morning. Because Lord knows, I need them! I am thankful for off days and in times when I need to lean on the Lord more. Which seems to be a lot lately. One thing about being pregnant, alone and around the holidays, you tend to look to Him for strength more than within. It's been a good lesson.

So that my friends is the precursor for tomorrow, the big Thankful day. Eh. 23 days makes you less excited. My dad always wants us to say what we are Thankful for before we eat, I'm thinking a lot of people do this, but this year I'm gonna give them the link to my blog. And say "There! 23 days worth! Kablam! Read it on your own time! Let's eat!" Then everyone will cheer and I'll stuff my happy face. I've put a lot of thought into it, can't you tell?

Stay tuned for tomorrow and the rest of the month. It's almost over!



No comments:

Post a Comment