Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 29

I'm watching snow fall. Seriously. Where's Global Warming when you need it? I hate snow. I hate being cold and I'm counting down the hours until we are in Texas... That would be 47. And now I am crushed, I just checked the weather, 73 on Thursday (Score!) then rain all weekend long. Fan.tastic. At least I got an amazing hotel room 1 &1/2 blocks from the Riverwalk for cheap. We really wanted to take Kay to SeaWorld while we were there. Oh well, we've done SeaWorld in the rain once before...

Our trip is coming together. Thursday we get in at 4, pick Frank up, check in to our hotel, eat (I pray this is sooner, rather than later) then we're going to the Casting Crowns concert! Woo!

So... That was from this earlier... now we're down to 40 hours! Woo!

Do you pinterest? Listen, I just started and I love it. And today I found the best.post.ever!
It's listed as Blessing Bags. But basically it's a bag of essentials, toothbrush & paste, granola bars, all kinds of stuff, for homeless people. We always struggle with what to do when we see beggars on corners. We never carry cash, and hardly travel around with food. We've pulled through a few places and gotten food, or given away leftovers, anything to help. But we are doing these bags! It's so amazing, and I know when you see it, you will want to do it too... I dunno if this is taboo or not, but here is the link for the woman's blog... Please, please go check it out!
http://kwavs.blogspot.com/2011/05/blessing-bags-how-to.html
Frank and I don't talk very much during the day, he's in class, then works out, and with the bed time routine we usually stay up late catching up, that and we email. A lot. But tonight we talked and texted more about these bags than anything else. We want to include a pocket Bible, and hand warmers for the winter months (i.e, always in Denver). But more than anything we want to do this with Kaylee and eventually our other children to teach them about caring for and loving others. Then they will always be on the look out for people in need to give them away to. I just love this idea and I want to start building bags right away! If you have any suggestions for what to put in them, I would love to hear them too!

As always, the day got away from me, and it's that time again...
Day 29
Today I am thankful for lazy days. A day to rest and recharge my batteries. Which is almost never possible with a 2 year old (Well in 12 days). Don't get me wrong we did a lot today: laundry, we made caramel corn and caramels, and I set up 2012 financial spread sheets for my Granny, booked the hotel and rental car for our trip to Texas, researched tickets home for Frank.... But we didn't go anywhere, we weren't in a hurry to do anything, we just milled around and let Kay run free. She is getting to be such a holler-er and talker... But she's fun! Watching her run wears me out but it makes for peaceful sleep for all!

Tomorrow is Day 30... last day! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment