Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9

Ugh. I am not a cheerful pregnant woman. I didn't 'enjoy' being pregnant with Kaylee and this time around is just as miserable, probably worse. I will never understand why women say such wonderful things about being pregnant. First you're sick all the stinking time! Not eating makes me vomit, eating makes me nauseous. There's no happy medium. When I was pregnant with Kay I lost 10 pounds during the first trimester, so far this time I've lost 13. I also have zero appetite and aversions to everything. I already don't eat eggs or fish, I don't really like milk. In addition to my normal eating habits I'm having aversions to; chicken, pork, nuts and pumpkin. I'm also having horrible pregnancy brain, I can only imagine it gets progressively worse with each child. My hands and feet aren't swelling yet, and last time it was only my fingers but still. Or the multiple bathroom trips during the night. Ah! How can you revel in those kinds of things? The other thing I just absolutely hated was random strangers touching my pregnant stomach. It's my personal space! Back off! Women would accost me all the time, put their hands all over my belly and just have a conversation with me. Once while in a bathroom at a restaurant, I was so fed up with being part of the local petting zoo, I put my hands on the woman's stomach who thought it oh so appropriate to touch me. She didn't even blink. She just asked all her questions and then let me on my way. What is wrong with people these days?! I'm 3 days from 16 weeks, there's got to be a respite in site, right?

No new rants today besides this kid. I'm wondering how soon is too soon to start timeouts? Of course I'm kidding, mostly.

Day 9
Today I'm Thankful the Lord gave us Kaylee. She has been the very best blessing. Her conception changed everything in my life, all for the better. Not only in my life but in our families' as well. God also uses her to teach me the most amazing lessons about love, patience, joy, listening, discipline and the list goes on and on.

See you folks tomorrow! <3




1 comment: