Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10

Here is your warning, today's post will be extra long. Why? I'm glad you asked. I have 3 hours to burn in this booth at Buffalo Wild Wings. Let me start at the beginning....

Sleep was in short supply last night. Kay spent the better part of 2 hours awake, whining, and needed 2 potty breaks. I spent those two hours soothing, wiping and catching up on laundry. It also turned into an early morning when Frank's reenlistment ceremony was pushed up an hour without notice. Dear Navy, thanks for that... Now I have been to Frank's new shop once in the past year, the first time being last week. It was supposed to be a quick trip to the NEX so I didn't worry about fixing my hair or makeup. I just grabbed my purse and the kid and ran out the door. So needless to say I was a hot mess. Determined not to look like a slob today I got up and busy, straightening my hair, putting on makeup - I even used eye liner, and wore my pretty red flats. And all this before 7, am. The ceremony was a success, they let him sign back up - yay for a job for the next 3 years! My husband had begged a Texas sheet cake out of me for the occasion, it was a big hit. But the 8am ceremony cake (somebody else also re-uped this morning) and doughnuts had everybody sugared up, so we had cake left over. You may not know this next bit but we're currently negotiating Frank's adoption into the Turner family, under what capacity though, we're not sure. So some of the left over cake went to (possibly Brother) Mike Turner at Portsmouth Naval.

By this time it was 11, am. And finally my favorite time of the day, second only to bed time, nap time! Unfortunately, it was entirely too short and briefly interrupted by a Kay potty break and then a ringing phone. Lunch occurred at Panera with the Best Man, of course, second to Frank, at our wedding, the infamous Nanni.

Home to menu plan for Saturday's party. After an hour and about double what I expected to spend, trip to Walmart later, I raced home to refrigerate a beef brisket as large as my toddler. This is where my evening went from winding down to gearing up for Thursday night football. At some point today Frank asked me if it would be ok if he went to B-dubs later to watch the game. Now 8:30 is approximately my bedtime but the looming reality of Frank's impending departure for school has interfered with normal operating procedures. At first I had zero idea the Chargers were playing, whoops, and just thought Frank wanted a pass on bath time (the kid's, that is). I wasn't happy about spending an evening apart for some random Thursday night game, of course I told him so. This is when I learned the Chargers were playing and thus made plans for child care so I could accompany my husband (to a place that serves; chicken, which I'm not eating, beer, which I can't drink and showing a game I have zero desire to watch since Peyton hasn't taken a snap all season).

So that's my day. On to Day 10.

Today I am Thankful for the blessing of this new baby. We are so excited, even through the sickness, for this miracle of life. We know God has a special plan for this child, just as He does for Kay and we are looking forward to bringing our children up knowing all of Christ and not Egypt.

Well all this blogging has eaten up my battery. The game isn't going well for the Chargers and it may mean an earlier night unless Norv can turn around the poor play calling. At this point it's hard to know what to cheer for, victory or bed time....


Just kidding Frankie!








1 comment:

  1. You are such a busy, awesome Mom. I'm so excited for baby #2! Congratulations, darling! You are missed!

    ReplyDelete