Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4

Ah. Four whole days of faithful blogging... I deserve an award. It's going to take a miracle to make it through this month. And not just because I have to write another 26 posts, it's everything.

If you've been following along the past month you know we are in the process of incredible change. Frank leaves for school in 14 days. Up until this week it hasn't bothered me, but now it's sinking in. I'm about to endure 4 months of pregnancy while raising our 2 year old monster who is already 'terrible' (and I mean terribly spoiled.) I'm moving back in with my folks. Driving 12 hours with said toddler to Indiana, flying to Texas and back all in the next coming month. Alone. Maybe it's the weekend trip to Alabama that has me facing my coming reality head on, but the more I think about it, the more it stinks.

The icing on my over baked cake was, yet another restless night. It was after 2 before Kay and I fell asleep, her sprawled out in the middle of the twin size bed and me, snuggling the wall. Oddly enough, Kay's late night crying was for Daddy and there was nothing I could do to soothe her. I'm praying she becomes more accustom to this coming and going. So bed time will be soon. Very soon.

Without further ado, Day 4. (Which I did not struggle with at all)
Today I am Thankful for God's Word. Lately, I have been napping with Kay instead of my usual reading. I'm sure I've said this before, but I just can't make it through the day without one. Today, I forwent my latest routine and spent time in God's Word. I was so instantly satisfied and filled by His Word, I did not miss my  nap. In fact, I'm hurrying through writing because I really would like to finish Deuteronomy. I am always so uplifted, encouraged, and inspired by His Word it is a wonder how I sometimes struggle to spend in The Word. But nevertheless, that is what I am Thankful for today.

Stay tuned, tomorrow is Day 5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment