Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2

Whew, looks like I'm gonna make the deadline... Provided I don't mess around and tell you what a struggle it has been to decide what to be thankful for today. Seriously, I've thought about this all day, even constructed a few possible gems. And yet, here I am, 51 minutes to Day 3 and I still haven't decided. Oh the agony. Day 2 is tough. Do I follow yesterday with my loving husband? Do I throw out my compulsion for order and tell you about the women at Personal Property who fixed our gigantic moving dilemma? Do I continue on with God's amazing grace? So many options and the clock is ticking!!!! I'm panicked. How do I write this (not to mention, well) under such monumental pressure?

Ok. Ok. Deep breaths. That reminds me of a blonde skit I saw once. Um, yea I've got time... So. This blonde and her friend walk into a hair salon, the blonde is wearing headphones and is completely oblivious to everything, not a stretch, I know. So the friend tells the stylist to trim the blonde's hair but not to take off the headphones. The stylist clips and the friend comes back to get the blonde. A few weeks later (there was a sign, obviously for the skit this would not have been in real time...) they come back in and sure enough the blonde is wearing headphones again. The friend gives the stylist the same instructions, and the friend leaves. The stylist clips away but she's just so curious about the headphones she can't leave well enough alone. So the stylist removes the headphones and the blonde collapses. The stylist puts on the headphones and hears "Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe ...." You get it. Ahhahaha!

And now I'm down to 34 minutes. See the real problem with the time constraint is that I'm writing this on my little iPhone. I could, theoretically, be finished already if I were using my computer. Which also says a lot about my laziness as my computer is across the room. But I digress and there is something to be thankful for, I'm sure of it, just not sure what.

Did you notice today everyone, and I do mean everyone is posting about what they're thankful for? People posted Day 2, but they didn't post yesterday. And they didn't do the catch up post that says, "I didn't post yesterday but..." You get the idea. I didn't notice any particular good posts today though. I mean I saw nice ones, but nothing like I'm thankful for Walmart, or cheese. Both of which I deem acceptable items. Bottom line nothing to make fun of. I'm considering re-friending that one reeeeally, reeeeally smart girl (sarcasm is hard on blogs) I had to unfriend (because she's an idiot) to get some meat. Hmmmm. It's probably not worth the trouble.

But really, it's time to get to this whole Day 2 thing, I'm tired and cranky and it's only getting worse. Plus I only have 23 minutes now and would really love some sleep.

Day 2. Gem.
Today I am thankful for God's grace. As I thought more about this today, I realized how incredibly grateful I am not to carry around past baggage. The enemy tries to whisper old lies to me. Even today he brought up old sin that my Lord and Savior bore on Calvary for me. But choosing to feel guilty about it again, is like telling my Jesus, it wasn't enough that You died for me, that heaping my iniquities on Your back wasn't good enough. And I am not willing to say that. So today, instead, I say Praise the Lord for Your unfailing Mercy and Grace! For setting me free! And giving me life in Christ Jesus! And I can think of nothing better or sweeter to be more Thankful for today.

Until tomorrow...
With 7 minutes to spare! ;)



1 comment:

  1. I lOve how you reconsidered re-friending the smart girl!!!! Hilarious! But in all seriousness, I am also soooooo thankful for God's grace.

    ReplyDelete