Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 19

Lots to say but I'm too tired to write all you deserve. Here's a very small highlight and the day 19 but my amazing story of answered prayer will have to wait until tomorrow.

Frank left this morning. Kinda sucks, I'm not gonna lie. But as I was bawling my eyes out while driving home from the airport, I prayed. I specifically prayed for God's Strength and Peace and wouldn't you know, He answered. Like instantly. Today wasn't perfect and I probably wasn't my normal bubbly self but I did manage to laugh, smile, exercise, answer the phone and text people back. All big steps for me when I'm down. The best part is knowing 100% the peace and strength came from God. I never had this peace when Frank was in Haiti. Also, I love that God drew me near today. I constantly had a song of praise in my heart and on my lips and my desire to read and spend time in God's word was amazingly strong.

Which in turn brings me to Day 19. I'm thankful for the aforementioned strength, peace and love the Lord showered on me today.

I am also thankful for.... Frank having a safe flight and transportation to base. I am
thankful for the amazing thing that happened at dinner, which I will share tomorrow. And I am so Thankful for all my friends that encouraged me today. I appreciate all of your friendships and I love you! Thank you for checking in on me!

Now. So I don't forget.... Story tomorrow. And I am making a list of things I want to do while Frank is gone.... To keep me busy.... I blame pinterest but I have this intense desire to learn how to use a sewing machine and make a wreath. So I will be writing a sort of bucket list tomorrow as well. In the meantime, please pray for us. We did learn of some uncertainty as to when school will be starting. We were told Monday by the Detailer but are now being told possibly not until January. We know God has a plan and He is in control. We trust Frank will be done with school and home in time for the birth of baby 2. Maybe this is God's answer to, what seems our now biggest decision, where to have the baby? Side note, this baby is a mover! S/He is pushing and squirming everywhere!

See you all in church tomorrow... If you're there you'll see first hand God's answer to prayer! <3








2 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for the story!! haha I know you're a busy mom and I've really enjoyed "catching up with you" through your blog. It's amazing to see the Lord working in your life! I just can't seem to get the old Rach out of my head though. lol But seriously I know we change and I love seeing how God has changed the lives of friends. Take care love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! I finally posted the story today.... It's a looooong post since I neglected to post for 3 days. Ugh! Talk to you soon though! <3

    ReplyDelete