Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome to the New Year... It's gonna be a wild ride!

Christmas day seems like a lifetime ago. Sorry friends, it's been a bit insane around these parts. I'm gonna catch you up quick, fast and in a hurry.

We went to Christmas Town, the day after Christmas (Monday). FYI, bad day to go. It was sooo busy! But we had a great time. Kay loved the lights, the penguins, the dancing and Elmo. Of course.

The next day (Tuesday).... we were all sick. Ha! Myself, Kaylee, Lolli, Matt and Josh all spent the entire day either in bed or vomiting. Not a pretty sight. Poor Frank and Grumpy had to nurse us all back to health. It sucked.

Wednesday we ran errands and prepared for our trip to Winter Ramp in Dalton, Georgia. Originally we had planned on leaving early Thursday morning and driving all day. We ended up leaving after Kay went to bed on Wednesday night and drove all through the night. Yes, we are out of our skulls wacko. So we arrived in Dalton at like 9am on Thursday morning. Slept a few hours, then met the Turners for lunch, checked in for Ramp and visited until the evening session.

There is just too much to say about Winter Ramp. But God was there like no other and it was amazing! God really spoke to me, personally, and really worked in our marriage. It's been a tough row with Frank gone. We hardly speak during the week, he's in class some days until 7, my time, and then he eats and studies and goes to bed early. Kay preoccupies the majority of my attention until 9 so on a good day we might speak a total of 15 minutes. That includes the two 30 second phone calls in the morning and after lunch. Weekends aren't much better. Frank studies a lot, and again I am busy playing mommy. So while Frank was home over Christmas we spend more time being irritated with one another rather than enjoying the time together. Let's face it, I had a bad attitude. About everything. Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones?

Anyways. It was an incredible weekend. Afterward I just wanted to crawl back and live in that weekend forever. But you know what I realized? Heaven is going to be so much better than that! And it really will be for.ever! Praise the Lord! Worship was just so incredibly freeing. I've never felt so free to worship my Savior! And I know there is no going back to some half-hearted worship. God deserves all of my praise and worship! The messages challenged me. I want to share just a bit of what God showed me that weekend.
1. Simple devotion... Reading my Bible, and praying in the Spirit... is not going to be a challenge for me this year. I was really taken back by that vision, as my quiet time in the past year has been a struggle.
2. The Lord also gave me the focus of my studies. I'm not ready to share the vision specifically, yet...
3. God delivered me from fear... The fear of man's opinions. I really struggle with this. Ministering to my family and friends that are nonbelievers. Fear of the future. God has slowly been delivering me from this, but He ripped the rest of the fear out of my life like a band-aid. It's gone. Thank You Jesus!

Oh yes... Let's not forget New Year's Eve... We were still at Winter Ramp. And we praised in the New Year! It was the best New Years Ever! It's definitely going to become our tradition. So we did that, then drove the 10 hours home, through the night, again, because Frank's flight back to Texas was on the 1st at 6pm. It was quite an adventure!

There is a lot, lot more. And I need a lot of sleep... So moving on...

In other news, I've been sewing! I'm making a purse. It's called the 1 hour bag... It's taken me a week. And it's still not finished. I'm also making Kaylee a smaller version. But the handle goes on tomorrow! Finally!

Kay and I went to the Little Gym this morning. She absolutely loved it! And I did too... Until I saw what they were charging! Holy bananas! I could buy a gym with that kind of money! Ok, ok... it's not quite that much... But I could join the Y, pay full price for a family membership and use it whenever I wanted for that kind of money. I'd almost rather do that, but I hate the Y, so my options are limited. Did I mention it's only 1 class a week?! We are trying a free class at Gymboree next week. It's way more reasonably priced, and they have a open gym hours... So if we went twice a week, it'd be like paying $8 a visit. So we'll see.... I'm trying to keep us busy while Daddy is gone.

It's becoming all too apparent that I'm having a boy! I've got an appetite like no other! I will eat, then be starving in an hour! I crave every.thing. In an attempt to maintain my weight, gulp, gain, I've put myself on a modified Special K diet. Basically, I eat as much Special K as I want. So maybe I shouldn't call it a diet. Joel moves constantly. Like all day long. Reassuring yes, but comfortable? Not always.

And I think that is all I can manage for the night my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment