Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thifty Mom :)

After a week of laying low with Kay's cough, we ventured out this morning with Heather and Baby Mac to the Union Mission Thrift Store. This was my first visit this store but won't be my last. Heather said everything was 50% off. 50% OFF?! Heck Yes I'm going!
I went with a list: 3 White ECU T-shirts, and an old frame I can remake into a bow holder... I got nothing on my list. They didn't have any t-shirts. :( So I'm still searching. Someday I will hit the jackpot and be able to start my ECU quilt. Alas, someday is not today. I didn't find a frame that I deemed big enough. I wanted to look at baby/toddler clothes too... They had a lot of winter appropriate clothing, and I suppose January is still a good time to buy sweaters for Kay but it's like 65 almost everyday. So I'm spring clothes shopping for her. As for baby J, a friend is handing down some clothes and I want to see what all she has before I go crazy buying for him. I learned with Kay, although I didn't buy most of her clothes, she always had too many, and went through them way too fast.
I did manage to find a few things I thought I couldn't live without... Here are a few pictures of my bargains....
 A working gumball machine with a glass jar - she doesn't eat gum, yet, so we put M&Ms in it.
 A "Sit and Spin" I was so excited to see this I nearly sat down on it myself! Kay can make it go a little, but I know in the next few days she'll be spinning herself sick. :)
 With Frank gone we are all things Daddy, size 4T. So for fall, I suppose.
World Aflame for Frank, and a few books for the kids that I loved to read when I was little.

So, I got all those things and paid, $6.75. Yes, that's right. 6 dollars! I nearly fell over. Needless to say I will be making the drive again soon. Probably next Tuesday. :) They had lots of furniture, great if you are into redoing things, especially when you can pay half price! I'm going to have to work Frank up to that one though... Permission to buy a dresser here and haul it 2,000 miles is gonna take some convincing.

The verse of the day, posted on the Union Mission white board did not escape me either...
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Which I posted about yesterday. I love when that happens :)

Frank and I also had a great in depth talk about obedience last night. Today we started to read through Peter's letters, and 1 Peter 1, is about all the things we talked about last night. It's so amazing how God puts words in our mouth, and scripture on our hearts to read, then it corresponds perfectly. I bet He just smiles when we are in that state of awe.

I had a minor note worthy discovery this morning on a benefit to being pregnant... I can eat whatever I want for breakfast... We made that cheesecake last night, recipe posted, and my mom called and asked if I had tried any. She called at 10:30 this morning. Who eats cheesecake before noon? Maybe a better question is; should you eat cheesecake before noon? And what kind of mother is prompting her child to eat cheesecake before noon? Come on! These were my thoughts until I got her message. Then I realized, I really could eat cheesecake for breakfast, after all I am pregnant. And who judges a pregnant woman's cravings? I did have a salad for dinner last night... So I had a very, very small sliver of cheesecake before 11 am. And I'm guilt free. Although, I'm about to go take a very lengthy walk.

James Bible Study tonight. The memorizing is slow. I'm got James 1:1-5 down, working on 6-8 over the next few days... But I've got a long way to go through the entire book of James. All I have to say, is that Beth Moore is tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment