Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Blog *gAsP* and some other random thoughts...

I feel like I'm cheating on my blog. It's so sad... I started a new blog, that's right, the rumors are true. I know. I'm shaking my head too. What could I possibly have to write about that would require a second outlet. I agree. I really do. But I'm into this whole compartmentalizing thing. This is my rant blog. The story of our adventures and all that life entails. It's me. This other blog is the start of some sort of semblance towards organization. We'll see how long that lasts.

So I know you are dying to know what my new blog is all about... It's a food/recipe/craft/sewing project type thing. Basically, I have a bunch of recipes I use but can never find when I need them. I usually wing about 70% of the recipe anyways, but I like to have the option to follow along. So I thought this might be a better way to keep them together... And of course, I like to share. Cooking I know. The other stuff is my ongoing journey towards domestication and motherhood.

I was never interested in getting married, let alone having children. Ironic, as I sit rubbing my pregnant belly. I also figured myself a career woman. Working in recreation - nights and weekends with no time for a family life. My favorite book to read was the latest football rules book. I was all sports, all beer and no interest in changing for anyone. Of course, the Lord had other ideas. I'm thankful, His plan is much better than what I pictured for myself. I still enjoy talking rules, ok, arguing, rules with Frank. And maybe someday I will actually use my degree. So besides some minimal cooking in college, I did little other to prepare for family life. I could manage to sew on a button, and wield a hammer but my skill set started and ended just that quickly. It's been a journey learning to use my sewing machine... I mean, the purse is called the 1 hour handbag, it took me the better part of 10 days. And this Pinterest business has got me wanting to spray paint tv trays and make headband holders and try all kinds of stuff I have zero idea how to do.

Something I did learn about myself in college and it continues to prove true, pretty much anything I set my mind to, I accomplish. Like I never had a good mind for directions, I was so oblivious to road signs, and navigation. One Thanksgiving holiday I stupidly got into my car, without a map, and attempted to drive from Greenville to Wilmington. If you don't know much about that area, it's all 2 lane country roads. I had ridden the trip several times, but never driven. I miraculously ended up in Wilmington, although I spent hours in the country, lost. My first stop in town was Walmart where I purchased my first map. From that day I've taken great pride in knowing roads, and how to get around even when visiting someplace new. The last time I got lost was at night, on the back roads of Indiana. In my defense I didn't have my glasses, and I missed my turn. There are some other random things I never thought I could do, but mastered with ease, a shock to me, for sure. Like our vacuum wasn't working right, so I took it apart. The whole thing. I fixed the problem, and then put the entire thing back together. Just like that. I think I was more surprised than Frank. I started cake decorating in the same random manner. I grew up watching my mom, but never doing it myself. Then one year for the office staff I made mini-raspberry cakes, I decorated them all, with lattice and borders. Something I had never done. I guess in somethings I am a perfectionist. News to me.

So I guess we will see if I'm cut out for craft type things or not. The link for my new blog is.... EhbrechtEats.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. And that leads me to my rant for the night...

Ok. So I haven't blogged about that crazy girl in quite sometime. I un-friended her, because I just couldn't stand to read the ridiculous things she was posting. Although, I'm considering re-friending her and then maybe I will just unsubscribe when she starts to drive me bananas again. But that's another story. Back to my rant... a short time after I started blogging this girl started a blog too. Mostly about her drama. She did a few couponing things, and a few crock pot recipes but basically she just complained. Anyways, something that I haven't thought about in a while, but drove me crazy, was she would post the link of her blog to her facebook page and beg people to follow her. Now 'drove me crazy' is an overstatement, by a lot. It was way more entertaining than annoying. Because who would want to follow that kind of junk? Following her blog would be like subscribing to a traffic accident sight. It's horrific and you shouldn't look, but then you can't look away. This type of thing occurred to me, as I started my new blog. I don't want to mix my personal comments and rants in with something people might actually find value in. It's unprofessional. Now laugh at me, because I'm laughing at me :) But I think you know what I mean. I'm not follower-concerned. Because for me the value of writing is intrinsic. I do it for me, not others. Ok, maybe for a few others, who like to laugh along with me, but at the end of the day it's my outlet. It's my way of over sharing and not to the masses of people on facebook who really don't care. I am glad for you those who do care, though. ;)

I think today is a whole mess of randomness. I hope you can make some sense of it, because my brain is too tired reorganize. But check out the new digs... I promise to keep posting here too... Lots of strange people out there to drive me nuts, which makes for good posts :)

1 comment:

  1. You should add putting Kay's crib together to your list of things you set your mind to do. I admire that about you! Glad to keep hearing the rants with your crafty mama side too! :)

    ReplyDelete