Monday, January 30, 2012

Not-A-Normal-Me Day

So today started out just as rough as last night ended. By bedtime last night Kay and I were both crying. Not a pretty picture. Kay started whining about 7 and after 2 hours of listening to an inconsolable toddler, I had had it. Considering I hadn't cried since leaving Texas the onslaught of tears made me ever more miserable. We all needed to go to bed, Frank including - he had watch from midnight to 2 and a test this morning, and all I wanted was to talk to him. Kay resisted going to sleep so bad and at one point threw herself onto the 'baby-Joel-bump'. I was out of energy and patience, hurting and mad. Thankfully, she fell asleep before I lost my temper and Frank managed to stay up long enough to pray together. (Which I desperately needed.)

Kay was up before the sun, cheerfully talking, ready to eat and play. My patience did not magically regenerate overnight like expected and it took mommy a little more time than normal to cooperate with all of Kay's early morning wishes. After some breakfast and snuggling, our day got better. I managed enough patience to break out the water colors - Kay's first time using 'real' paint. I had to yell at Kay though, either I was still a little slow or Kay was so lightening fast, but at one point Kay was trying to put the paint brush in her mouth. This was the first time I have ever yelled at her, and I startled both of us, but she was seriously about to eat paint! I got the paint set at the Dollar Tree, so it's probably toxic, and couldn't risk her eating it. But she had a great time, and painted nearly every surface at least once.




So besides the yelling, and posting pictures mid-blog, I've managed to do two other things today that are completely uncharacteristic of me. Voluntarily.
1. I am uploading (present tense, as this is still ongoing) the past year's pictures to shutterfly. All 969 pictures that I managed to take on my iPhone. So fail, for not using the actual camera, but winning in that I took pictures and they are now stored somewhere other than my phone and hard drive. Mind you, this did not happen for the sole purpose of creating a back up. I got a $20 Shutterfly gift card when we took Santa pictures. It expires tomorrow, so I figured I had better use it. Plus I figured I should start using all the free prints they send me. This has got to be a side effect from the pregnancy.

and 2. In preparation for going outside to play, I put on leggings this morning, under my pants. Yes, I own leggings. Also a pregnancy thing, gotta be. After sitting outside, sunning, in January, yea that's how we role, for an hour I came in to shed a layer of clothing. However, I didn't change out of my leggings. Now, I've only napped, fed lunch, and washed dishes in them and Kay and my parents are the only ones who have seen me wearing said leggings, but still, one step at a time.

On the agenda for this afternoon?
A walk, and making Turtle Cheesecake... Yes, I said it. Turtle Cheesecake... It's amazing! Also on the books for this week... Making a care package for Frank, thrifting tomorrow with Heather, lunching with Sharise in Elizabeth City and baking Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread. Recipes and pictures will eventually make it on Ehbrecht Eats.

I also wanted to share this passage from my morning reading that had a lot to do with my attitude adjustment...
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT)
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post especially the pics. So sorry it's been a tough 2 days. Love u and so thankful for ur friendship!!

    ReplyDelete