Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just a few rants to start the day...

I'm a ranting, raving, facebook-hating mess this morning. I hate that stupid thing! Ah! I wish Sharise had never made me sign up. I wish I could just deactivate my account, but that would cause other problems to get so much worse. And I'm not ready for that hail storm. So here are my mornings rants about that stupid site.
1. If you post a picture, or status update, why do other people think it is acceptable to write you a personal note... This is what we are doing, wouldn't be nice if you would do this... If you comment on something posted, please let it be relevant. Otherwise, send a personal note, or leave it on the person's wall.
2. Why are you friends with people who don't like you? I mean, it's a friend request. If you have to post, numerous times, about people who don't like you, and they should raise their standards, you've got bigger issues. Either you're not friends with these people and you're posting for all of your real friends to see and making the rest of us suffer. Or, you are friends with people who don't like you, and you've got bigger problems than we can all help you with, in that case, I'd say your should talk to your shrink, and not bother the rest of us.
3. This one is going to get me into trouble... If you proclaim the name of Jesus on your facebook page, countless times, then on your next post talk about how drunk you got, or cuss people out... Do Jesus a favor and stop posting about how He's changed your life. Jesus' blood was not intended for you to be able to grace your way out of obedience. Yes, He died for past sins and future sins, but when you are filled with His Holy Spirit, you are a new creation! Your sinful nature has died. That means you turn away from your old ways, and follow after Him. Jesus said, the path to life is narrow, and the road is difficult... Matt. 7:13-14 He is the Path! He is the gate! It's narrow because there is only one way to get there - through Jesus! Claiming His name, then living however you want does not make you a Believer! The book of James says if you don't live it, then you don't believe it!
4. This is a follow up to another rant... How can you be ashamed to type out all of God's name, but then say you are praying. Are you praying half prayers? Are you pr-ying i- a bl-nked o-t ma-ner? I don't get this! If you can say G-d, what difference is the 'o' going to make? People know who you are talking about. It's not secret. It cannot be misconstrued. So why be ashamed to post GOD and not praying? Who do people think you are praying to?

Whew. I do have one more, teeny, tiny, little rant. Not facebook related...
Dear People Living in a Different Time Zone, (Yes, this is directed at multiple people, you know who you are...)
How come I constantly get texts and phone calls at midnight, and 2am? Can you really be that inconsiderate to NEVER remember that we are 2 or 3 hours ahead of you? I don't call you back at 7am EST. (That would be 4am Pacific.) I have slipped up a few times, when we've had some really exciting news to share, and I will call at 7am (Mountain)/6am (Pacific), your time. But at least the sun is up. One of these days when you wake me up in the middle of the night, I will return your call or text the second Kay wakes me up. And I'm not going to just call once, I'm going to keep calling until you answer. Yes, I'm vindictive. The other thing I don't get is why you get mad or perturbed at me when you call during dinner or bedtime, and I say, I'm sorry I can't talk. I will call you back. Don't get mad at me that you are calling during a bad time, I answered because I wanted to recognize you as important.
And one last little part, saying that we don't talk, and that I never call you, is unfair. And I'll tell you why, you don't call me either. It's not like I have a mailbox full of voicemails from you and don't call back. Thank you for respecting that I am busy and have my hands full, but it's ok to call. It's ok to leave voicemails when I really can't answer. But it's not ok to blame me that we never talk, especially when you aren't willing to pick up your phone too.

And that my friends is all for now... I'm think a poor start to the day since it's only 9:40... But that also means a whole 12 hours for it to get better too :) I'm so excited for the Ladies Prayer meeting tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Rach, you crack me up! I'm glad I made you sign up because I get to see pictures of that beautiful little girl of yours and pictures of beautiful you! I will say I have "friends" on facebook that I don't like but I currently work with so it would be rude not to have them. I also don't write statuses about them either though.. :) And maybe G-d is shorthand for a two word phrase that has God in it...idk what the posts look like so I can't say but that's what it made me think of. I love you and I miss you bunches!! As far as I know we should still be good for next Wednesday. I'll let you know the beginning of the week though. (Sorry I just HAD to include that unrelated personal message for you!) hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!!!!! This might be your feistiest rant so far. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G-d definitely isn't shorthand for a phrase, otherwise I would appreciate that person for short-handing their profane status... That would be much better than what I've gotten used to seeing.
    Maybe it's just those people I already have issues with, but Sharise, you're personal note didn't make me fume!! lol! I'm looking forward to seeing you!
    Danielle, I would have thrown in a disclaimer about raging hormones, but Heather said I complain too much about baby related things, so I'm taking full credit for today's rants :)

    ReplyDelete