Friday, January 13, 2012

Howdy from the Lonestar State!

Ahhhhh vacation! All I can say is I am in desperate need of a little R&R. Especially with Baby J coming in April! We've (Kay & I) have been going nonstop since Frank initially left for training in November... We left 2 days after he did and trekked up North (for a month). 12 days later we visited Daddy in Texas. I'm never, ever traveling alone like that with a baby... I thought having Frank home for Christmas would be relaxing but we were in overdrive. Then toss in that weekend trip to Georgia. The past two weeks, Kay and I have been keeping busy, running errands, going shopping, library runs, the Little Gym.... And some sort of Bible study for me twice a week. Which I love, but it keeps me out late and Kay gets up super early the next morning.

So I've counting down the hours until my solo trip to Texas. Yesterday I got up before Kay, yea, I know, I'm shocked too. But it's not like I got up early, she just slept in! haha. So I got up and put the finishing touches on my purse! I also had to finish packing... Nothing like waiting until the last minute! And then Mom and Kay drove me to the airport. Kay was ready to get a weekend to herself too, so goodbye pained me more than her. My first order of business was a cup of coffee, TSA had other ideas for me. I got randomly selected to be searched. Again. Clearly there is nothing more dangerous than a white pregnant lady. Bomb clothed up and down. Luckily, a well dressed young man distracted the two women sent to body guard  me, so I was dismissed and they went to prey on him. I found my gate and the Starbucks. I've decided this baby moves enough without caffeine so I've been drinking decaf. Just one more reason for April to come tomorrow. So I sat down to wait and read my newly borrowed book, The Atonement Child. I found out where the very best seats on the airplane are. The front row! More leg room! You can't keep a bag with you, so it gets passed over! Plus I was the first one off the plane! And another great thing about sitting up front, no kids! All the parents take their kids further back, so I didn't have anyone kicking my back during the 2 hour flight to Nashville! Yeee!!!

I had 3 & 1/2 hours to kill in Nashville, so I shopped around the kids stores, I got Kay a Princess sticker book, they're the reusable ones, I read, had lunch anddddd got a manicure and pedicure! They had a shop right across from my gate. I never get my nails done, anymore. You know, since becoming a mom. I don't have 2 hours to sit and waste, nor do I want to use the money for something that won't last until supper time. I think the last time I got my nails done was 2 years ago for my birthday. My friend Jessica bought me a gift card the year before and it was going to expire. So I had to go. ;) But Frank really likes it when I get them done. Probably because in California, who doesn't walk around done up all the time? Personally, I just can't handle that kind of pressure to maintain that level of beauty. Nor do I want to. I love my pony tails, and short nails. And I love Old Navy, so I know I'm not cut out for the California fashonista lifestyle.

Anyways.... I got another front row seat on the plane, and was downstairs in San Antonio, picking up the rental car before they had my bag on the belt at baggage claim. I raced to base (funny thing, I felt so giddy driving to base), picked up Frank, we checked into our hotel, then walked down to the Riverwalk for dinner. I thought our hotel was closer to the Riverwalk, but it's long mile. Of course the baby likes to move a lot when I'm trying to walk, making it painful, and the Braxton Hicks contractions make it impossible to walk at a normal speed. Luckily, I am not a waddle-er. We had dinner, then stopped at a fudge shop. Yum. And we hailed a cab. There was no way I could have walked back to our hotel stuffed. Plus Frank was running out of time, he still has that curfew on school nights... It makes me giggle to think about it... I got back to my room from dropping Frankie off and finished the book I started that morning.

I slept in this morning until 9. I tried to sleep longer but it wasn't happening. Plus Baby J had started his morning aerobics, making it impossible to get comfortable. I love to feel the baby move, but the constant jerking and kicking at my ribs doesn't always feel the best. So I here I sit in my hotel room. Blogging. It's definitely time to get out of bed and find something more to eat and something to do for the next 4 hours until Frank is done. I'm thinking, shopping... After all, I do need a new book... :)



Oh and while I'm thinking about it.... I found a new button on facebook. Unsubscribe! Now I don't have to see all those people who torture me with their constant complaints and bad language! I love it! In fact... I may have to retract my last 50 statements of I hate facebook to I can tolerate facebook! You know what would make facebook even better? If I could select not to see some people's comments on my pictures. Like they could still see it, but I wouldn't have to. That would almost make facebook perfect. Seriously. Is there a place I can send my suggestions to? Cause that would be a winner!

1 comment:

  1. It wouldn't be a "Rachel post" without a facebook rant. I love it. Get the Redemption series. You won't be sorry. I was only married a month when I read them, but newleywed love was overtaken by that series. I didn't even hear Adam when he was talking to me, I was soooo engrossed in the books. He wasn't a fan of me ignoring him! :)

    ReplyDelete