Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A whole lot of busy...

It's so hard to believe it has only been a week since my last post. Looking back it feels like at least 2 weeks worth of activities. I guess that explains why I am exhausted. Besides a lot of things going on around me, a lot has been going on in my quiet time as well. Frank and I have been reading through 1 Peter, and I have to tell you I have been so convicted about my bad-attitude-blog. I have a lot more I would like to share about why, but my note book is being guarded by a sleeping toddler, so more on that another day.

So last week Wednesday, Kay and I met Sharise outside Elizabeth City for lunch. We spent a few hours catching up at Andy's and sharing how the Lord has changed our lives :) Sharise left this weekend for Peru to start Spanish school, and in 6 weeks she will start Missionary School. So keep her in your prayers. We visited the local Walmart to pick up a few ingredients for Daddy's care package. I also got Kay a new ball, which she chased around until dark when we got home. She was kicking it everywhere... I'm thinking little kickers soccer...



Not too much to report from Thursday.

Friday afternoon I had an OB appointment. This was a little sad for me, as this was the first baby appointment I have ever been to alone. Frank went with me to all of Kaylee's and Baby J's thus far. I have officially gained back all I weight I lost in the first trimester, and then 1 pound. I gained a total of 6 pounds in 6 weeks. 6 pounds?! I was not a happy girl. Two-a-days started Saturday morning... For those of you who don't know what that means, it means 2 workouts a day. So in pregnant lady terms, that means 2 walks a day. And no dessert. Ok, ok, a little dessert. I'm contemplating counting calories as well, as I absolutely do not want to gain another 12 pounds in the next 12 weeks. I also saw another nurse practitioner. I am about fed up with not seeing a doctor. I noticed in the middle of my glucose test, that when the NP updated my chart with the ultrasound findings, my expected due date, is April 21, not the 27. So I did not get the chance to ask if they are updating my due date. I also noticed a note "anterior placenta". After some frantic texting to Dr. Turner, I learned that an anterior placenta is not a big deal. There is no risk for placenta previa, no risk for baby or me. Again, something I would have liked to ask questions about, but not given a chance. We may be switching to 'standard' quicker than I anticipated.

Saturday we spent cleaning and cooking. Eh.

Sunday all the girls went to church. We spent the afternoon cooking and getting ready for the Super Bowl. Granny and Grandpa arrived about 6, and they promptly unloaded Kay's horse. Our Super menu is posted on Ehbrecht Eats. Below is Kay's church attire. The scarf was her personal addition.



I spent Monday morning in the kitchen baking for Frank's care package. I made a half batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I'm waiting to post that recipe until I find out if they're Frank tested, Frank approved. I don't eat raisins, so I was not about to judge for myself. I made a normal batch of Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, because I knew everyone would eat them up. I also made the best banana bread I have ever eaten, Reese's Peanut Buttercup Banana Bread. Seriously, it is not just a pregnancy thing. So delicious! Frank got his care package today, and said he would not be sharing his bread with anyone. On a side note, I finally finished off the gia-normous canister of oatmeal, so I can make Kaylee's headband holder  :)


We mailed Frank's package Monday afternoon. And stopped in the local thrift store. I found a Snow White doll that Frank and I had considered buying at the Disney store, it was $15 in store. I picked up Kay's new dolly for $1.75 at Brother's Keeper. After a cycle through the washer and dryer, Kay toted White around like a long lost friend.



Tuesday we spent Thrifting. I'm addicted. We are seriously going to have to pull a trailer all the way to Denver. It's ridiculous. ;) My total for the day was just over $28. And that includes 3 pairs of pants for a friend's little girl :)

Union Mission:
1 pair of pants for baby C.
1 Taste of Home cookbook 1999
1 children's book
1 children's snow shovel - so Kay can help Daddy
1 frame for another Pinterest project (bow holder 2)

Coast Guard Exchange
2 Ralph Lauren skirts for Kay (5.64 ea.)
1 pair of girl's Columbia fleece pants (2.94)

Salvation Army - All green tags were 50% off and I got a 25% Military discount on everything
2 Navy workout shirts for Frank
2 pairs of pants for Kay
2 pairs of pants for baby C
1 shirt/dress for Kay
2 children's books










I actually hesitated to buy the clothes at the CGX. I did not want to pay $6 per skirt! But Kay needs some spring-time clothes, especially if it's going to be in the mid 60's the rest of February and March! I want to make her a few dresses, so I'm thinking about a trip to the fabric store soon....



Speaking of Baby J, my grandparents delivered his first nursery decoration, I'm so excited to share it!

Today we just kind of hung out, played cards and relaxed. Frank got his care package today, like I said, and all his classmates made fun of him because I sent it in a Pampered Chef box. But he was excited and I hope it encouraged him! Kay drew him a lot of pictures and we also sent her first painting.

Tomorrow, we are heading to Greenville to meet brothers, Matt and Josh for dinner. We are celebrating Josh's birthday, that means finishing the birthday cake in the morning. We are meeting Maggie, Matt's new girlfriend. I am going thrifting, again. Matt found a purple ECU shirt I can have for my quilt, so I only need 1 white ECU t-shirt, then on Friday I can start cutting! I'm so excited! I've been looking everywhere here, but no luck. I figured I'd have better luck in Greenville :)

I hope to post again later this week about my blog's spirit lift :) Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. The turtle is super cute. Love your thriftiness and your ambition to make Kay some clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you Rach! If you're gonna be home for Christmas let me know! I'll definitely do my best to come see you while I'm home. And prayers are much appreciated from all! Keep in touch love!

    ReplyDelete