Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Sweet Day

So. Today is Valentine's Day. Not a great day to be 1,600 miles from my husband, but it is what it is. I learned early in our marriage, that 'holidays' are just another day. We were married on Mother's Day. We spent our first Christmas together at CHKD with Kay hooked up to an IV, she was 14 days old. We spent the next month apart too, Frank was in Haiti, part of the disaster relief after the massive earthquake. (Missed that Valentine's Day as well). This past year we spent his birthday, Thanksgiving and Kay's birthday apart. So today was just another day, one more day to mark off the calendar, one less day until we are all together again. We suprised Frank with a 'Valentine's Day' present... I got both of these mugs free with that Shutterfly gift card from Christmas! They were discounted on Shutterfly, so I was able to get 2, with chocolate and 2 5x7 prints for $30, (free shipping at $30) so I opted to spend $10 on 'stuff' instead of shipping. I thought it was a good deal. And now that Frank is a coffee drinker, he has a very special mug to use! And he loved them!



We all got a pretty great present today, though. I found out this morning that we are going to get into base housing in Denver! They have a home, with our favorite floor plan, available March 1! We won't be moving in that early, but it's nice to know we have a home to move into. We are praising the Lord for His provision! The woman at the housing office is really helpful, we've never lived on base before so we're not really sure how the money works or about having our stuff delivered. We receive an allowance for housing, and with base housing our rent payment gets split between checks. Our rent is going to be prorated so we don't loose all of our money for March, which is good to know. Also, and this is the best part! Carla said we can give our address to the movers and tell them what date we want it delivered, so basically that means we are not going to be moving into an empty house! Our stuff will get there when we do, another huge and amazing blessing, since it can take up to 30 days for our things to be delivered! Here's the floor plan! We are so excited! It's like 600 sq. feet bigger than our last apartment, and... we have a garage!



I was driving to the thrift store when I called the housing office this morning, and after I got off the phone I was screaming I was so excited! Kay was laughing and hollering too. As if that wasn't enough to get excited about, Kay and I had a fun and profitable day out. Kay got another book (of course), 2 shirts (no pictures, they're in the dryer) and we got something really fun for Baby J... Our total for the day was $5. The horse was $3! When we got home I got it all cleaned up and it looks pretty decent, especially when you consider a brand new horse is $40! I think 93% off is a pretty great deal!



We had lunch with our shopping buddies, Danielle and Charlotte. Free lunch since I used my last Q'doba groupon, well, free today! Then came home, getting Kay to sleep was a chore. I took her for a walk, thinking she would fall asleep in the stroller while I got my exercise in, but no. Then I tried to lay down with her for over an hour and nothing. After being left in bed, not allowed to get out, and crying she finally laid down for a nap at 4, of course, I had to go back in and lay down with her. She is not ready to give up her nap, she can't make it all day without a major meltdown, and I'm definitely not ready for her to give it up! I need some time to get my things done! Like clean the horse, call Carla, and write my blog. See, important stuff!

Last night at my Pampered Chef meeting I was so blessed by my friends! They put together a basket of wonderful things for our new baby! Blaine, my director, even made(!) him bibs! She's so crafty! Ignore my messy room!

Over the weekend I worked on my ECU blanket. I made a frame as a pattern for my shirts, marked each one, then cut it out. Then I arranged, rearranged, and re-rearranged my shirts until I got it perfect. I started sewing the first column on Saturday night. On Sunday I sewed the rest. Since we are leaving in the morning for Atlantic City to meet my brother I probably won't sew again until Saturday. I'm enjoying it, but there are times when I think, buying an ECU blanket would have been wayyyyy easier. Ironically, the first blanket I ever made (knitted) was when I was pregnant with Kaylee. This is number 2. 


Well... I still have to pack for our mid-week getaway to AC! Great place for an ex-gambler, non smoker, and non drinker, but looking forward to seeing my brother and sister-in-law!
Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am SUPER impressed with that blanket. You are so talented. Thanks for a fun afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Take the Plunge shirt in there! Good times! :)

    ReplyDelete