Monday, February 27, 2012

Catching up

My, the last two weeks have flown by! Only 3 more until Frank comes home and we make the cross country drive to Denver. I never thought it would actually happen, the move to Denver, that is. I never imagined living some where other than Virginia/Carolina. I'm desperately going to miss living in the South. I can't even think of saying good bye to my family or our friends. But at the same time, I'm excited. Excited for a new adventure, for our own space, to get involved with a new ministry and just see all the amazing things God has for us.

This also means we're two weeks closer to becoming a family of 4. Officially. We already consider us '4' but to hold our little boy will be so amazing. I've survived 31 more weeks of pregnancy, so Lord willing, 9 more to go. This also means I have spent 71 months (oops! I mean weeks!) and 4 days of my life being pregnant. Hmmm...
In other baby news, we picked out a bedding set and theme for J's nursery. We're super excited about setting up his room! I am going to attempt to make some of the decorations in the next 3 weeks. We'll see how that goes. This pregnancy almost doesn't seem real to me. When I was pregnant with Kay I focused my limited energy into all things baby, shopping, preparing, and cleaning. So far we haven't bought many things for J or put a lot of thought into his arrival. For a few reasons, 1. We didn't know where I was going to have the baby. 2. We didn't know how we were getting to Denver, if we flew we wouldn't be able to bring a whole lot of things. 3. We don't have anywhere to put it, there is no nursery to prepare. But now that things are getting sorted out I have started to shop around for a few things.

Yesterday, I bought a green Bumbo seat off Craigslist for $10. I had been considering purchasing a second seat, we have a pink one, but everything I have seen on Craigslist has been around $20. Which is ok, but that's only half price. One day I randomly checked again and found this one for $10, so I jumped on it. This morning Kay saw it with some other stored things, and said Baby J's seat. It was really cute. Lately, when she finds things for the baby she says they're hers. I have been correcting her, because I want her to get used to the idea that there is another person coming. So today was the first time she recognized something green as not hers. I also found a Jeep Double Stroller on Craigslist for $30. I have been looking at double strollers for weeks, but all of them are over $100. For $100 I could practically buy the matching patterned stroller for all our Graco gear. At least that what I had thought. Then I tried to look up the matching stroller only to find Graco has discontinued our pattern. :/ I seriously emailed the woman selling the stroller within a few minutes of her posting the listing, we pick it up this afternoon.

I started to sew on the ECU comforter again last night. I got 2 rows sewn together, I'm hoping to sew the rest today. I also picked up a can of spray paint and hooks for a bow holder for Kay so I am going to do that project this week too. I still need to get a few things to completely finish that project but I can sand and paint in the meantime. Pictures to come as I get some things completed!

We spent a few days in Atlantic City seeing my brother and sister-in-law. Traveling anywhere with Troy (my dad) is adventure in and of itself, so we laughed. A lot. A few highlights, included my dad getting asked on a 'date', and him being spoon fed dessert by our waitress (the video I took is Youtube worthy!). Of course it was great to see Nick and Lisa and her parents (they drove down from New York on their way to Florida).

 Happily watching Beauty & the Beast

 Being spoiled by Grumpy

With Uncle Nick

 Kay loved Blueberry Saltwater Taffy

 Kay climbed through the red ropes to touch the sand :)

 Waiting on the Cape May Ferry


 Picnic lunch on the Ferry

Kay and Mommy (30 weeks) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing u mean 71 WEEKS. I can't even begin to imagine if that was months! :)

    ReplyDelete