Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Life Lately

Today marks Day 4 of potty training. Kaylee has done really well keeping her panties dry :) she's only had a few accidents, which I blame on myself, for not taking her on time. We go every 30 minutes, which is exhausting but effective. Tomorrow we will be stretching it to every 40 minutes. I'm determined to get her out of diapers before Baby J is born... That gives me another 8 weeks, give or take. We've been keeping track of successful potty trips on a make shift chart... This is from the morning of Day 2....



This past weekend I discovered the amazing world of consignment shopping! I went to my first ever sale and managed to get almost everything else I had on my list for Baby J! I also got some really great toys and clothes for both my babies...We got to the sale before it opened, and were some of the very first people in the doors when they opened at 8. I spent a little under $60, if you've never been to a sale, here is an example of all the crazy good deals you can get:

 All the deals :)
Leap Frog Learning Table, used, $12 (Retails, $46)
Noise Machine, used, $5
Baby Monitor, used $8
Melissa & Doug magnetic dress up doll, brand new, $5 (Retails $20)
Leap Frog Magnets, used, $5 (Retails $15)
Tupperware Shape Sphere, used, $3 (Retails $13)
Princess Dominos, used (missing 2) $1
Leap Frog Plush Frog (sings ABC's), brand new, $4 (Retails $20)
San Diego Zoo Baby Genius DVD, used $2


Clothes for baby J (everything is Sailor something, besides the animal sleeper)
Ranged in price from $.50 to $3.50 (Ralph Lauren Dress for Kay, see top photo)


I bought the Leap Frog table for Baby J but Kay has taken right over. I saw at Target that the age goes all the way to 36 months, so I guess I'm really going to get my $12 worth out of this toy!

Frank comes home in 8 days. That means we leave for Denver in 9 days. My heart is torn, as I will miss my family, friends and church family, but I am excited for our new adventure. God has really given me peace about the move, so I know that we are being faithful to His will. Be praying for us as we drive the 2,000 miles next week and as we begin our search for a new church. Our prayer is that we will find Christian fellowship and a church home immediately. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as well.

Today we spent the morning at the Virginia Children's Museum playing with some great friends! We had such a great time, and will be looking right away for a similar museum in Denver.

 Grumpy did Kay's hair this morning...



 She milked the cow!
 I handed Kay the brush and told her to brush the teeth, so she brushed HER teeth! Woops!

 She's in the Dog House!


 Kay loved the train room!

Mommmm!!!! Elephant!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome deals!!!! Today was so fun!!! Im gonna miss u tons!

    ReplyDelete