Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just today :)

I'm so over packing. Ugh. I have no idea how, but it seems like I've collected enough junk to fill another house in the past 4 months. I pray it all fits in the trailer I have already reserved.

So today is the big day! Frank comes home! Woo! His flight has already been delayed once so instead of getting in at 7 tonight, it'll be more like 9. The extra 2 hours has allowed me to procrastinate more. Although as of now, I only have a few more of Kay's toys, all the bathroom stuff and about a half of room of odds and ends. Considering I had rooms full of stuff this morning I'd say I'm doing pretty good! Maybe why I'm dragging my feet so bad is because Frank said he'd pack up the rest... But I can't help it! I want it to be done and over with!

Tomorrow is the other big day... We starting our 5 day, cross country road trip to Denver. The thought of us leaving is surreal. Each hour gets more difficult. But I have peace that God has a plan, so I am trusting Him!

Today marks day 8 of potty training! Kay has had a handful of accidents, mostly because I have forgotten to take her, but she has made a lot of progress! Yesterday was her first(!) real outing in big girl panties. My mom, Granny, Grandpa and Kay met me at Red Robin for an early dinner after my doctor's appointment (more about that in a sec). I was surprised to hug Kay and discover she wasn't wearing a diaper but so proud! We ate, went to the Coast Guard Exchange, Lowes and drove all the way home and she was dry the entire time! She's even been telling us that she needs to go! Yay!

The doctor yesterday was great! The baby is growing! And staying put! So everything looks ok for us to travel! Praise God! I have been having some pain in my upper abdomen since Friday night. Anytime I move, or he moves, I get a sharp piercing pain. It's awful. I can't laugh, cough, pick up Kay, or bend over without feeling it. The doctor (or NP) said there isn't anything we can about it. It's just part of pregnancy. Baby Boy really likes this one particular area too, so he's always pushing right on it, or moving up against it. She did give me a belly band, in hopes that we relieve some of the pain... Now instead of looking pregnant, I look fake pregnant, like I'm trying to steal a basketball. :/ One really, really great thing that worked out at the doctor's office though, is they released a copy of my medical records to me! Now there won't be any waiting to see an Ob! I still have to get an urgent referral but the civilian Ob can see me right away! So I am praising the Lord for that today!

In other news, I finally started and completed Kay's headband holder! I'm so excited! Picture here. Also, with lots of help from my mom and Granny, my ECU T-shirt blanket is finally, FINALLY! finished! Yay! Pictures coming soon! But I'm so excited for it to be finished!

So... I had better get back to packing... But have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you all week and will miss you so much! :( The headband holder is awesome, can't wait to see pics of the blanket. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you again before you leave :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also going to miss you tons! I'm excited for what's to come for you guys though. I bet you're seeing Frank any minute now! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete