Saturday, November 4, 2017

Enjoying Every MOMent

Enjoying every MOMent... that's the new(ish) thing in my life.


Last year when my husband started talking about his 5 year plan, work goals, education goals and the like I started thinking I have no goals. Seriously none. I think that puts me on bum status. Um Yea. I'm struggling with the 5 day meal plan, the 5 hour day-to-day school plan, the 5 minute a day happiness plan. Forget the 5 year plan.


Work goals are easier for me. I don't work, so I don't really need goals for that.


Education goals are similar. I have a BA so I'm good. I'm teaching kids how to read, say the ABC's, count and recognize colors so things aren't all that hard. My goal is to do something educational every day with them. Watching Wild Kratt's counts for 2. So I'm killing this one.


But really. It bugged me. I have no real goals. I felt like I was navigating life without direction, without purpose. I mean other than keep kids alive. (4 kids = 4 points)


I know Romans 8:28 'And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.' Great God! Now if you could just AirDrop a few of those purposes for my life I'll be all set... And go.....


I jest but really. It's kind of hard, at least for me, to figure out what all that looks like. I'm called to be a mom. Can't really get out of that one, now. I'm called to be a wife. I'm a half-prepared Bible Study teacher... I won't lie, I'm stuck on my notes for tomorrow and this is me trying to figure how to finish this 6 week study.


Anyways. I wrote a list. A list of goals for each day. Want to hear 'em?


Cool.


1. Pursue Jesus. Seriously run hard after Him.
2. Build a sanctuary that Holy Spirit wants to dwell among us. (Ex. 25:8)
3. Build a relationship with my husband that will flourish in love.
4. Point my children to Jesus and His inexhaustible grace.
5. Love my people well.
6. Nourish souls.
7. Build others up.
8. Give grace


and now for the realllllly serious ones....


9. Read at least 1 (kid picked) book a day.
10. Let the kids make a mess and don't stress AT. ALL. (I still can't do this.)
11. Find the blessing in all circumstances.
12. Laugh. Hard. To the point of snorting.
13. Give more grace.
14. Hug and kiss the kids so much they BEG me to stop!
15. Enjoy every, every, every MOMent.


My note cards are all water stained and some of the ink has been washed out by either dishwater or the sun. I look at them most days. But some days I rush too much to read the carefully scripted words.
Do I do all these well? No. Not really. Not well enough. But that's why I'm telling you. I'm hoping you will hold me accountable. Will you?
I'm gonna pretend you said "Yea girl, I got you."
To which I say "You're awesome." And we fist bump and hug it out.
Thanks friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment