Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Projects

Wow, this is like my 3rd blog post this month. You're so lucky ;)

Both kids are napping so I thought this might be a good time to catch up on the projects I have been working on... You know, with all that oodles of extra time I have during the day to sit around and sew, glue and paint... ::Rolls eyes::

I'm pretty sure I've posted Kay's hair bow holder before, but here it is again... I love that we attached a loop of ribbon around the top to organize clips. It makes searching for clips so easy - no dumping out! My mom and I made this from a large Oatmeal canister, I bought the candle holder at Target on clearance for a few dollars and then 2 sheets of scrap book paper. A little glue and ribbon and
TAD AH!



MMMMMM! Mixed Berry Breakfast cake. I love cake. And I especially love eating it for breakfast! I'll be posting the recipe in Ehbrecht Eats soon, maybe today?! I made this when we had baby visiting company and used blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.


The always favorite fruit pizza... Memorial Day style :)



German Chocolate Cupcakes I made for Frank's command bake sale.



Had to make his extra special ;)



I made Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes for Kay's half birthday party. SO. YUMMY!


 Braelyn's Cinderella Birthday Cake :)


 Home made dish washing soap. I found a recipe on Pinterest. But couldn't find the citric acid, so I omitted it. The first few cycles I really liked it a lot, but then I noticed my glasses looked foggy. Then I tried to use white vinegar as a rinsing aid. But it was still ok. Then I read another recipe that used Koolaid Lemonade packets for the citric acid, so I bought 2 and added it in, and I love my soap once again! This recipe contains, 1 cups of Borax, 1 cup Super Washing Soda, 1/2 container of lemi shine, 1/2 cup salt and 2 packets of Koolaid mix... And I still sometimes use vinegar as a rinse aid.


Homemade laundry soap. I LOVE this! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't tell a different between my usual soap and my homemade soap. It works great, smells great and is pretty easy to make. I spent $20 on the supplies and I'm counting each load I wash so I know exactly how much each load costs. I drew a line on my purex bottle so I (ahem, Frank) would know how much to use each load.
1 box Borax, 1 box Super Washing soda, 2 boxes Baking Soda (or 1 big box), 2 bars of Zoat soap grated (it's soft and easy to grate!), one container of Oxy Clean, and 1 bottle of purex.
This is only the full purex bottle of the soap, I have a 5 gallon bucket full in the garage.


French Toast Breakfast muffins. Dipped in butter, yea, I said it. Then rolled completely around in Cinnamon Sugar. They absolutely melt in your mouth. Thank you Pinterest.


My 4th of July wreath! Also a Pinterest project. This took 2 days of nap time to complete but I love looking at it!



Frank started running after I had Joel. I thought this was a phase, something that he'd get tired of. But no, he's still going running strong... He's done a few races and bless his heart, wants to keep all his race bibs, I understand. What I can not get over though, is him leaving them all over our house. They constantly get shuffled from room to room until they get spilled on or ripped. So one day when Frank went to run in Leadville for um, 15 hours, (it's a 2 1/2 hour drive both ways, if you don't hit any traffic, which of course they did on the way home) I made him this. I hand painted the letters, that's why it looks a little jacked up. But I put hooks along the bottom so he has a place to hang medals and other things from his races.



Dollar Store/Nap time crafting with Abbi. Well, nap time is kind of a lie. The girls laid in Kay's room giggling and playing instead of sleeping but we were both able to get our wreaths made. The wreath form is a pool noodle. Thanks Pinterest. So altogether this cost $6 to make, plus Kay got several new toys for her sandbox. I also used a glue stick and glued sand on the flip flops, noodle and shovel, it's hard to tell what it is in the picture.


I made Joel a more appropriate boppy cover. I have 2, one downstairs, and one upstairs in my bedroom. Having a second boppy is super convenient. Especially right after birth and your brain doesn't work, at all. The one upstairs had Kay's old pink cover (Poor guy), so I purchased some fabric and whipped this up in 2 days (and by days, I mean nap times). I still have enough fabric to make another, it's a different pattern though. Maybe next week?




I have an idea for a fall wreath, which I hope to make while Frank is gone next week for training. And of course, I'm collecting some ideas for a Halloween wreath and I'll need a birthday wreath soon too... So much to do, so few naps....  

Today after nap time Kay is going to help me decorate the cupcakes we mixed up before she went to sleep. Should be messy! I can't wait! I love freaking my husband out with sugar mess! :) 


1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I seriously can't believe all this stuff and you know I want that berry cake recipe. When do you rest? Sorry about michaels, jerks.

    ReplyDelete