Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Rant to Michael's

I typed my 'message' to Michael's in their little box pushed send. Error. Again. Error, and again. Well thanks for providing such excellent customer service and a working website. Grrrrrr. Oh, it's so nice to notice that you have a PO Box I can send a letter to you. Thanks, but no, I'll keep my .47$ but as for a phone call... that is going to happen.

'Someone must care about your customer service. Your employees may not, but I sure hope someone on the Michael's food chain does, otherwise the future may be dreary. I for one, as a former customer certainly care about the way I've been treated my last 3 visits at your stores. And it's because of this service, I wouldn't return to one of your stores if it was the only place on the face of the earth to purchase food. Seriously the thought of visiting one of your stores gives me a headache, instantly.

I visited your Greenbrier, Va location to purchase some canvas that was on sale. First I couldn't find the canvas, after walking through the store twice with a tired toddler, did I mention I was pregnant at the time? I asked a clerk, who told me she was too busy to help me and she quickly hurried away. Call it pregnancy hormones, or frustration but I collect my daughter and promptly left your store. Obviously if some has the time to tell me they don't have the time to point me in the correct direction, my money isn't good in your establishment either.

My second disappointing and frustrating trip to Michael's was in Aurora, Co. I was 37 weeks pregnant and a day away from giving birth. I came in because you were having an awesome sale on all your Melissa & Doug items. I love Melissa and Doug and needed to get my daughter a few gifts for her half birthday. I found the items quickly enough, one was on clearance, so I knew I wouldn't be getting an additional 50% of but like I said it was already on sale. So I collected all the items I wanted, then stood in line, and waited and waited and waited. Seems like you're under manned at all your stores. I finally get the the register and everything, including my clearance item rings up full price. Weird, right? I asked the girl, I thought these were on sale. Just a no. No explanation. So I told her about the ad I had received in the mail earlier that week, thinking today is the last day of the sale, but no, the sale doesn't start until tomorrow! Seriously! Who sends ads out 2 weeks in advance! True, I could have read the dates but here all week long I had been stressing over getting to Michael's. So of course I'm frustrated but I asked about the clearance item and she told me it wasn't on sale. "But it was marked on the shelf that it's on sale." She told me it was wrong. She didn't go look, didn't ask someone else to look. Just said no. Then asked me of I was buying this stuff or not. Um, not. Jeez.

So the nail in the coffin was during my next visit. My friend and I had seen a project on pinterest we wanted to do so we came in for some supplies. She was looking for some puzzles and I told her all about Melissa and Doug and how you had the best collection I had seen in a store. So we went to look.  So 2 adults, 2 toddlers and an infant. We went down the aisle and all your Melissa and Doug stuff happened to be on sale again. So of course we both started picking out toys. Our little girls were not happy sitting in the cart but it just so happened we were down the same aisle as the bins of animal figurines. So we let the girls out to play. They were being good, making animal sounds and playing very nicely when a clerk came over. She pushed past our girls, and began putting the toys away they had gotten out. I'm very conscious of the mess my daughter makes and 3 animals on the floor does not justify this woman's actions. She put them away then went out of the aisle but stood staring at our girls. Like she was monitoring our kids. At this point I was so fed up with my past visits and treatment of your employees I put away everything I had picked out to buy, the toys in my daughter's hand, put my cart away and left. My friend and I were so shocked and disappointed by your employee's behavior.

I have always considered Michael's to be a family store and kid friendly and your store has always been my first choice for anything craft related. But now, I drive the extra miles to Hobby Lobby because I know I'm gonna get great deals, and excellent customer service. I hope you can understand how frustrating these trips to your store have been and why you will not be seeing my family back in your stores.'

1 comment:

  1. I despise Michael's as well. I HATE their customer service at every single Michel's I've ever been to. Hope you get a response. They are the worst!

    ReplyDelete