Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This week and baby watch

I'm starting to realize that describing our week as really busy is normal. So... It's been a normal week for us.

Here are this week's highlights!

We' re still working on unpacking and organizing. The good news is that we have some mostly finished rooms. On Friday morning Frank and I assembled our dresser and were able to unpack a lot of his clothes. I'm still wearing all my maternity things, so I've left mine in the boxes. After storing all our clothes for 4 months, they stink, so our washer and dryer has been running non-stop. After today I should be all caught up! :) Now to put everything away....

Friday night we went to see the Nuggets/Suns play. Kay loves Basketball and was squealing, I luv it! We had such a great time and it was nice to relax for a few hours. If I'm at home I'm constantly doing something.



On Saturday we took Kay to see the Easter Bunny. She loved him this year and we got a very sweet looking picture, although we all know how wild she is...

Sunday morning Kay got us up super early! We read about the Resurrection then marched downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny brought Kaylee. I made breakfast, applesauce pancakes & we used the apple syrup I made last week, they were soooooo good! Frank and Kay dyed eggs, then we all decorated cut-out cookies. Kay had a great time eating the sugar! And she made a huge mess! But it was a LOT of fun! Then we hurried out the door for church. Kay spent about an hour in the 2 year-old class then she got tired, and I spent the rest of the service holding my sleeping girl and listening to Pastor Ed. After church Frank fixed lunch while I got the ham in the oven. This was our first ever holiday, just us 3, and the last since we are expecting Baby J this month :) We spent the afternoon outside, Frank sanding down an old dresser my parents gave us (which is going to get painted for Kay's room), I painted Kay's bed, and Kaylee drew with some chalk Grumpy and Lolli sent her in her Easter box. 4 hours or so later we had dinner, and by the time everything got cleaned up it was bed time!




Yesterday was epic. I started the morning doing something I had always said I wouldn't. In fact, it was one of my major reasons for not wanting to get married or have children. I would make my sweeping declaration at Thanksgiving, as my mom had her hand down the turkey's butt to clean out the gizzards. I AM NEVER DOING THAT! Well. Yesterday my hopes and dreams of never having to clean out a bird came crashing down. Twice. To the 2 chickens I bought last week for Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas. My whole day seemed to revolve around those chickens, cleaning, cooking, picking then shredding all the meat. It took hours. By the time I was finished Frank was home from work. We worked in Kay's room, hanging up clothes and putting things away, then carried her bed up!


Then life got really, really interesting. I had my weekly baby check up and we found out that I went from no dilation to 4 cm dilated, in a week. Dr. Tate says if I don't go into labor naturally this week, and have progressed at all towards labor by next Monday (i.e., further dilation, or thinning cervix) then she wants to induce me on Tuesday. My grandparents are coming from Indiana for the birth and to stay with Kaylee. They will leave tomorrow morning, so until they get closer than 17 hours, I'm taking it very, very easy. Considering I am still having contractions I think I will be having a baby, one way or another in the next week. Please pray peace over us. I want to have the baby naturally, suggestions/encouragement please! We have a lot to do to prepare for birth... Like pack for the hospital, and the nursery is a disaster. Frank's chief is letting him off work early today so he can help me pack and continue to prepare for Baby's arrival. My to-do list is as long as ever, but now getting shuffled around.

I promise to keep ya'll updated. <3

2 comments:

  1. Crazy that he will be here soon. I still remember you telling me you were pregnant in my kitchen! Don't even worry about the birth. You've done It before. You've got this! :). Thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun Easter! Im amazed at all you fit into 1 day. You'll do fine in childbirth and chances are it will be quicker than Kay. You don't need medication, be strong! Your body was made to do this! :D went to union mission today and missed you as always!

    ReplyDelete