Friday, May 4, 2018


I don't write as much as I want. I think that's just the stage of life I'm in. I think about writing all the time. I even start to compose what I want to say as I lay in bed waiting for sleep but somehow the busyness of the next day has me putting it off, and then another day passes, and then 5 months...


I think during this season I need to stick to some updating... so let me try that for a bit...


1. We're moving. Did you know that? I can't remember. But yep, it's true. The movers will be here at the end of this month and sometime in June we will be moving to Columbia, SC. I say some time because, military. And yes that's a perfectly descriptive answer. We are hoping to live on base, I say hoping because you have to be 30 days from moving in before they put you on a list. Monday our name can go on that list. It's the whole hurry up and wait.


2. We're selling our house. There is just too much to say about this. I'm sad. And it's stressful. We're living in a home we cannot live in because we never know if we're going to have a showing, or when we will need to leave. I refuse to deep clean every day so we have been spending a lot of time out, at the Y, or parks, or just driving around. Plus I don't cook in the clean kitchen. Needless to say life is just everywhere right now, the house is clean but please do not even think about looking in our van. Today a friend's son said 'Wow! That's a mess!' I know kid. I know.


3. School. We are getting through, slowly, but surely. It's been hard with the previous mentioned showings, but we're making it. I think we will be finished with 2nd grade and kindergarten by August. We year round school anyways so that's a non issue. I just wish we would be finishing before moving and then start a new year after we get settled in but oh well. Flexibility, right? Right.


4. I haven't been doing much cooking. I made Coq Au Vin with Parsley Potatoes and Steamed Garlic Green Beans at my mom's house last week. It was delicious. We sopped up the gravy with crusty buttered bread. My mouth is watering just remembering. And I made Black Berry Cobbler for dessert. I'm planning on overhauling my menu planning system during the moving transition. But even more so I am praying we get a contract on the house so we can go back to some kind of normal life again.


5. I'm the only line of defense this weekend as Frank drill so sleep is a priority. I'm hoping to post tomorrow about my last teaching from Sunday. I'd really love to start writing more frequently but don't hold your breath and I won't hold mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment