Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Consistently Inconsistent

Well... I think you would agree, the only thing that I consistently can manage to do is be inconsistent. At least in blogging... The rest of my life seems rather consistent. And by that I mean busy, but isn't everybody? It's been about, um, 7 months since I've even looked at my blog, let alone thought about writing. So! It's time for an update. A lot has happened since October... Here are some of the highlights...

October...
Our search for a home church finally came to an end! Praise the Lord! After 8 months of searching, and 9 churches later, we discovered we were only miles away from the Marilyn Hickey Ministries home church, Orchard Road Christian Center. We first heard of Marilyn the month prior while we were in Hamilton, AL for the women's conference. I heard her speak and fell in love with the 81 year-old fire ball! It took us an entire month to figure out that Marilyn's ministry was in Denver, but looking back, it's so awesome to see how God was moving and putting things in front of us to find the church.

Also in October, I celebrated my 28th birthday. (Which I am having a hard time believing now, since I'm a few short months away from turning 29. YIKES! It doesn't seem real!) My granny, gramps, and mom all came to visit and celebrate with me... Well they really came to see the kids, but, you know... Plus Frank can't make a birthday cake. ;) The day before my birthday my mom and I hiked down Pike's Peak, while Frank and his chief hiked up. 13.1 miles each way. Let's just say at the end of the day we were glad it was over. It was awesome and I'd do it again, but I'm not in any hurry. You know how every year people ask you on your birthday if you feel any older? Well, this year, I did! I could hardly walk, and forget about going down the stairs! Just forget about it!




I also got a very special and fantastic present for my birthday...  The Kitchen Aid Waffle Baker! Oh how I LOVE this present! It has served us well!

 



And don't forget Halloween!
 



 
 
November... We spent 19 days in North Carolina visiting. Frank had to attend some training in Norfolk for a week, so the kids and I went the week before, and stayed a week later. We celebrated Frank's birthday in North Carolina. We came home in time for Thanksgiving and we got together with some friends for Turkey day.



December... Kaylee turned 3! My family came (No shocker there). We celebrated Christmas too while they were in town, so the kids were spoiled, big time.
 
 
 



 
And we celebrated Kay's birthday with her friends at Chuck E Cheese's the next week. She had a great time and cleaned up in the ticket booth!
 
Projects were few and far between this fall... It seems like we were always coming or going, or someone was coming to visit. But we managed to get together to make felt Christmas trees and ornaments, so the kids could decorate and re-decorate their very own 'tree'.

We managed to get away for a weekend and drive up to Winter Park for some fun in the snow :)


 Oddly enough we had some beautifully warm days in December and still managed to squeeze in some walks. And Joel had to try out his new wagon. The kids still fight over who gets to ride.

And snow, of course. This was our first snow of the winter. 

 Christmas Tree Waffles... M&M ornaments for Kay and mommy, bacon for daddy.



 
January... Was the first month since moving to Denver that we neither went to visit someone, or had visitors. We saw some snow, but not nearly as much as we expected. Kaylee started taking ballet lessons. And Joel did everything! He started to eat more table foods, and really enjoyed them! He also cut teeth and started crawling!
 
February... Granny came for a visit! She left on Tuesday and my brothers flew in on Thursday (Valentine's Day). We spent the weekend in Winter Park with them and my Nebraskan cousins. Frank and I snow boarded, I was royally bad and sore. But we had a great time. We took Kaylee tubing and it was AWESOME! And Joel (10 & 1/2 months) took his first steps!!! Of course I missed them. I only spend all day, every day with him.
 
March... Honestly the only thing I can remember about this month is snow. We celebrated Easter and then...
 
April... 2nd we arrived in North Carolina. We spent 3 weeks at my mom and dad's. My brother Nick and his wife Lisa had since moved in with my parents, and Matt had moved home from Raleigh, and Josh, well he never left, so needless to say it was a packed house. Plus my grandparents drove down for almost 2 weeks, and Frank was there for a week, and Matt's girlfriend Maggie, visited a few times. Joel turned 1!!! What a fast year! We celebrated his birthday in North Carolina, then again with our Denver friends when we got home!
 


We also got some exciting, but shocking news in April... That's right... Baby Ehbrecht #3 is on the way! I actually found out I was pregnant while I was at my mom's and had to keep it a secret from Frank for 3 days until he flew in... Then we waited to tell our families until we got home and saw the OB. Let's be honest. This was a complete and utter shock to us. As I have been 1. Nursing full time, 2. Taking birth control and 3. Haven't had a normal cycle in 18 months. TMI> I had 2 periods in 4 months, and they were not in consecutive months. So needless to say we had no idea how far along I was. And I didn't take a pregnancy test thinking I was in fact pregnant, I hadn't been feeling well and took it to rule out pregnancy. Regardless of what we had planned or expected, we know God had an incredible plan for this baby and we are really excited! Baby E 3 is due November 20th. 

May... We spent the month sick. All of us. First Kay had the flu. Then Frank had scheduled surgery, he had 14 days off to recover and got sick during that time off. Then Kay got sick again.  Frank went back to work and worked 9 days straight, on his only day off during that the 14 day stretch, I spent it throwing up, and that continued for 3 days (not pregnancy related!) Then Joel got sick. We finally managed to kick the sickness and things have been on the upswing since.

I have been volunteering at church in the High School ministry since March, and Frank has started to get more involved too. He has been working with the Men's ministry and floating around to wherever he's been needed. We love our church family and we are really excited to get involved.

Which finally brings us to JUNE! Whew! We're gearing up for Kay's ballet recital. In fact, we have dress rehearsal tonight :) And on Friday Granny flies in to visit!


Yesterday Joel pretended to feed me, he even made smacking sounds with his lips! He's so mechanical and smart. I also caught him crouching on top of their little tyke's table yesterday. He's a climber and brave. Since he's become more mobile and active I find myself constantly saying, "Get that out of your mouth! Don't touch that! Don't put that in your mouth! Get down! Stop that!" Ha! Boys! In fact, I just found him, sucker in his mouth (he found this in my purse, unwrapped it and started eating it), going through my purse searching for more snacks. Of course. Joel was dedicated to the Lord on Mother's Day. It was an awesome service!

I started to home school Kay. We took a break in April but it's been hard to start back up since we've been sick. I'm hoping this week we can review the letters we've learned so far and get back into it. She is as busy as ever. She loves ballet and is constantly practicing and showing off her moves. She loves going to church and she is our prayer warrior! She is a great big sister! She shares well with Joel and they can get each other laughing in an instant. She is excited about the new baby, and she insists that we are having a girl! She even has some names picked out, Pink, Strawberry, and Curious George.

 
I promise it won't be another 6 months before I update my blog again. My friend Becca and I are planning a wreath day soon and on my to do list for this week is to organize my craft supplies. No telling what I'll find or get motivated to do :) Also on my list for this week is to finally menu plan and freezer cook. I'm starting to feel better and have more energy but mentally at the end of the day I'm too tired to figure out dinner. I'm thinking scheduling our dinner plans will make my daily life easier. Now I just have to find the time to sit down and write it out.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Rachel & Frank! So very happy for you. The kids are adorable and so big. Your waffles look awesome and YUMMY! Thinking of and missing you all.

    ReplyDelete